There’s no doubt about it, auditioning for any project can be nervewracking, no matter how many times you do it. At Sound ‘N’ Sight Casting we know that, and we do our best to make you feel comfortable and welcome at our casting sessions. We want you to succeed and we want our client to succeed, so it’s really important to us too that the day go smoothly.
How can you prepare?
Here a a few key tips:
- When you receive your audition time, before confirming your audition, check the callback and work dates to be sure youíre available.
- Confirm your appointment. If you have a scheduling conflict please let us know in advance so we can try to move your audition time (but please understand that we cannot always accommodate these requests). If something comes up after you confirm and you can no longer make it, let us know. Even if itís 15 minutes before your audition, let us know.
- The day of the audition, make sure you leave in plenty of time, LA traffic is famous the world over for being horrendous, and we like to start our sessions on time. And please, donít walk into your audition complaining about how terrible traffic is – directors hate that. Those who are late are not given priority and we really want to make your experience with us a great one.
- Bring along any sides, notes, or information that we have given you ahead of time. If youíre unable to access sides, email us and we can send them to you directly.
- Understand that we want you to book the role. A lot of actors walk in thinking everyone in the room is rooting against them. But theyíre wrong. Youíre walking into a room of people who are hoping to find the perfect person for their project. We want you to be that person and we want you to succeed.
- Please be patient while we conduct our casting, we understand how anxious you can be before an audition, but we will get to you as soon as we possibly can. If you have limited time, donít leave. Politely let the casting assistant know and they will try to get you in as soon as possible. We called you in for a reason – we want you to audition for us.
- During the audition itself, remain calm and focused, our team does the best we can to help you to feel comfortable and productive.
- Thank you for your time! After the audition is complete, we will let you know as soon as we have made a decision.
- Please tell your friends about us, we are always looking for new, fresh talent.
- THANK YOU for taking the time to come in and audition for us!